Reading to Write

My Path to Becoming an Author

Ted’s View

Written By: Melody Pearson - Jun• 14•14

It’s been a while since I joined the Friday Fictioneers and I’m late this time. I just felt the need of a prompt today and found inspiration with Rochelle. The story is a bit of a change for me, but it’s what the picture brought to mind. You can check out other offerings by following the link at the bottom.

teds-view

Copyright-Ted Strutz

Ted’s eyes fluttered open.  His tongue probed gently at the pain he had almost come to accept as normal.  A flash of memory brought him alert.  Adrenaline panic jerked his head around, looking for the source of his pain.  He wasn’t sure how much longer he could hold out.

The bloody instruments lay scattered on the metal tray beside him, but the man who had wielded them was gone.  Ted’s eyes focused on the window before him.  The sight of figures in black armor pouring out the opened door of a white van flooded his body with relief.  Rescue at last.

12 Comments

1. Claudette says:

Much different ending that I expected. Good job, Ted. Sometimes dark is the only thing that suffices. Enjoyed this.

2. Claudette says:

Sorry, Melody. I was still in the story, I guess. Ted became so vivid for a moment.

3. Well-written. Torture came to my mind with this prompt as well. We shall see how many others followed this vein, but I think there is enough going on in the picture that we’ll see a lot of variety.

All my best,
    Marie Gail

4. Melody Pearson says:

Thank you, Marie Gail. I read through a dozen or so and there seemed to be a variety of takes on the prompt, but several of them were on the dark side.

5. P.S. Josh says:

Melody, Good and well-written story with an unexpected happy ending. I hope all goes well for the poor victim. Well done. :) —Susan

6. Sarah Ann says:

I like the positive ending to this. Hopefully all pains will be fixed soon.

7. Lily Leung says:

It’s nice to have a story with a rescue at the end!

8. Dear Melody,

Nice to see you back.

But I have to ask, “Is it safe?” (Marathon Man)

Torture through dentistry…horrible. Well done story with a relief as the outcome.

Shalom,

Rochelle

• Melody Pearson says:

Ooohhh…. I’d forgotten about that scene…..blocked it out is more like it. Maybe that’s why I’ve always hated trips to the dentist.

Thanks, Rochelle….Namaste.

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: